Fast Growing Outdoor Consumer Sporting Products Manufacturer Needed Visibility into Key Performance Drivers and an O&T Assessment in the Context of a Planned ERP System Upgrade
An outdoor consumer products designer and manufacturer owned by a middle-market private equity fund had been formed through the combination of four branded businesses. The PE sponsor and company’s management team needed visibility into the business performance and implementation of consistent metrics reporting with an emphasis on leading performance indicators. The company’s CFO also needed a strategic assessment of the current operations and technology (O&T) processes in the context of a planned Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system upgrade. Accordion was engaged to drive these initiatives.
Engage with Company Management to Perform a Strategic O&T Assessment and Implement a Best-in-Class KPI Reporting Package
Accordion deployed a team of three consultants, including one Senior Director focused on the strategic O&T assessment. The Accordion team engaged quickly and worked closely with the company’s management team to execute the work streams.
- Accordion team was onsite and worked with management to gain a detailed understanding of the strategic priorities and key management objectives
- Based on the review and leveraging expertise from prior engagement work, Accordion defined a set of financial and operational KPIs to be used by management and the sponsor to better track and forecast business performance
- Accordion assessed the existing information technology organization, infrastructure and applications portfolio to understand functionality, capacity, scalability and viability as it pertained to improved business visibility and financial and operational performance
- Analyzed the data captured through the key business processes and identified opportunities to enhance the business processes to drive efficiencies and improve visibility
- Leveraging the existing data captured across the business, Accordion developed and implemented a comprehensive set of KPI reports for ongoing use by management and the PE sponsor, with the goal of focusing on key business drivers and leading performance indicators
- Accordion also helped the CFO with enhancement and automation of the monthly financial reporting package being prepared for the PE sponsor
Delivery of a Strategic O&T Assessment Report and a Comprehensive KPI Reporting Package
- Accordion’s strategic O&T report provided company management and PE sponsor with key insights and directional recommendations for operations, reporting and technology improvements to be pursued by the company, including a road map for technology systems refinement, selection and implementation
- Accordion delivered a comprehensive and actionable set of KPI reports which leveraged all available data from the existing information systems. The KPI reporting platform was efficiently transitioned over to the Finance team.
- In addition, Accordion put in place a dynamic monthly management financial reporting tool which not only significantly reduced the time required for the Finance team to compile the monthly report for the PE sponsor, but also improved the accuracy by eliminating manual data processes